party party & being productive.

Monday, April 27, 2015

Few pics from Troy's adorable party last week before his dad headed back out on the road again. When your dad is the 2015 Bassmaster Classic Champion, it's inevitable you have a fishing themed birthday party! Can't believe this little guy is TWO already. Just look at this cake...


Cade showing Troy how to fish. Um, pretty sure his dad can do that Cade...


Big boy blowing out the candles...


and OUR big boy chowing down on the yummy "tackle boxes"


 It was a fun time and we were happy to celebrate such a sweet boy!

So what else have we been up to this past week? Well for one I am in FULL nesting mode now and we've been busy getting lots done in the casa. First up, dining room curtains are up (thank you a million times over to my amazing father in law and hubs). Yes these are the ones I've had the fabric for forever (scored super cheap at a local fabric sale) and even planned our dining room color around it (Sherwin Williams Silvermist). I had a family friend sew up some easy peezy panels and she also made coordinating pillows to match with other fabric I purchased at the same time. I saw all of this in my head over a year ago and it's great to finally see it come to life! The panels look too short in this pic, but actually they're too long. I may have to hem a bit? or leave bubbled up? 

It was a very frugal project (swear no more than $150 for fabric, hardware, sewing, monogram on pillows, everything...) but it adds so much pizazz and is just what I had envisioned. Will share more pics of this room soon, since it's one of the only ones that's close to being "completely finished". All I really need to do is hang Cade's two year portrait up and then wait for Charlie bug's two year to go on the other side of the china cabinet one day. Again, our dining room is open to the foyer and living room and it's definitely one of my absolute favorite rooms in our home! We've already put it to good use so many times now.


More progress in the nursery (which needs to be our #1 priority right now) I have been so laid back about it, not the least bit stressed that it still looks like a hot mess...UNTIL the doctor measured my belly again last Thursday and said I'm measuring 31 weeks, not 29. Just as I figured. Yep, still two weeks ahead. Cue another panic attack. Good thing we at least got all of our shower gifts unloaded and wire shelving in place in his nursery. I even washed and hung a few clothes. Still so much to do (and errr....buy) but hey we have a start! 


Speaking of closets, our laundry room "cleaning closet" was a DISASTER. We had stuck random appliance documents, outdoor cushions, grilling supplies.....you name it ...in this closet until I couldn't even squeeze the iron back in it last week. SO, I spent part of yesterday taking every single thing out and re-organizing and praise Lord my vacuum cleaner even fits in there now. Also, is anyone else obsessed with laundry supplies? No? Just me? Yeah I buy way too much...



Another HUGE blessing/update in the new casa is that I got my "push present" early this go round. With Cade Chad surprised me months after Cade was born (Mother's Day actually) with another diamond band to match my wedding band and I wear it on top of my engagement ring. Still to this day, one of the best presents ever and of course I love.

Well, flash forward a few years and we've went from diamonds to....SHRUBS. Yeah, not even joking. We weren't even going to even think about landscaping for a while but combine full nesting mode + a referral for an awesome, reasonable landscaper from a friend + Chad already doing so much in the yard and realizing no way he could handle landscaping all around the house...with a baby on the way in ummm less than 11 weeks. It just needed to happen. This was all his thing and it just made sense to go ahead and bite the bullet and do it. Therefore, I will not be opening my mouth about a "push present" this go around because we've certainly splurged on this enough and the funny part is, I think Chad got out cheaper on the diamonds. I mean sheesh! Here's a sneak peek (we really tried to go as simple and frugal as possible and I never even changed a bit on the plan the guy sent. Chad handled it all.) and I'll have to post more pics later. Now we just need to work on the grass. Fun fun.


Yes, this is a rambling post but since we've been so productive we did take Cade man to have a little fun Friday night at the local fair. He LOVED being tall enough now (38 inches) to ride most all of the rides by himself. Oh, he thought he was something else. More fair pics tomorrow...


On Saturday I photographed a wedding (yes, at 29 weeks prego) from about 2pm-9pm. On my feet the. entire. time. (Clearly, I signed up to do this before I knew I was pregnant. Remember, this pregnancy was a huge surprise! I have another wedding to photograph in May. Eeek.) I do photography as a hobby and only shoot weddings very rarely just for friends. It was fun, but man I was exhausted. Came home and seriously could not move. This was my "I SURVIVED and I'm glad to be home snuggling with my boy" face...


On Sunday I was well rested from a good night's sleep and again, we were even more productive around the house and then went to my mom's to try to begin to gather up all the baby and maternity clothes I had there. Seriously so much stuff we need to bring over to our house. It's ridic. Cade dressed himself and always has to have those darn boots on! Hilarious.


Last night after Aunt Coco and Uncle Mack came over for dinner and we all settled in, I began to go through just TWO of the EIGHT huge storage bags (y'all. it's insane) and I was literally in over my head in boy clothes while sitting on the couch. I washed up another newborn/3 month stash but we have so much organization to do. A bit overwhelmed, but one day at a time...


Oh and all of this going on this weekend WITHOUT the hubs, who enjoyed a fishing trip with friends in Isle of Palms. Lucky.


Needless to say he's got a loaded To-Do list this week :)
 Muahahahaha

4 comments:

  1. Love that adorable cake :) so cute.. The curtains are amazing it turned out so cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks girl! That cake was tha bomb. Tasted as good as it looked, wish I had a piece right now! :)

      Delete
  2. Love it! Can't wait for a full house tour :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks lady, I keep thinking hmmmm will I ever get to post more pics? This little thing called pregnancy is consuming me at the moment. I hope to get more pics up surely when I'm out on maternity leave! We can hope! HA

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019