merry {early} christmas

Sunday, December 21, 2014

I'm working at the store today (well and every day until Christmas!) and had a quick minute. Today has been a bit of a struggle after getting home so late from another AH-MAZING concert last night...
 
 
No, your eyes are not deceiving you. That is Justin Timberlake dangling from a moving stage above us. It was the second show of his tour I had been to (yes, within one year) so I knew what was going to happen but it was JUST as good all over again. Seriously I hope you caught one of his concerts, because the man can put. on. a. show. So dang good. I'll have to post a full recap soon!
 
But now that Santa came early and I've already gotten my Christmas presents (all these fun concerts this month!) it's time to put the recaps/blog posts on hold for a bit and truly relish in the season this week. I am sooo looking forward to spending time with family. I hate I don't get as much time off during Christmas as others, but that makes the days off after Christmas even more worth it and well spent. I'm still not even 100% finished with my Christmas shopping, Christmas cards haven't even been sent...I'm behind...but not even stressed. Nope, refuse to be...because that's not what Christmas should be about anyways!
 
This week I really plan to...
 
- bless my sweet customers while working, keeping a smile on my face and helping them finish their Christmas shopping, first and foremost. Anything to make their life easier, that's what I'm here for! I love my job. I love my customers. I love this season!
 
-once work is done, the fun begins. I want to truly sit back and enjoy family gatherings to the fullest and look forward to seeing family from Boone, NC and Columbia.
 
-enjoy time with friends too! We've got some gatherings lined up and I look forward to spending time with friends who are really just like family to us.
 
- take more pictures with my real camera, not just iPhone
 
- make cookies for Santa for the first time with Cade
 
- have fun putting together Santa toys with Chad and spent some QT with him. We are both so insanely busy this time of year ... him delivering packages and me selling/wrapping them :) It's crucial to make special time for one another. Going to pop popcorn, make hot chocolate, watch a Christmas movie and do whatever it takes to make "operation SANTA" fun together, not a hassle.
 
- celebrate my sweet nephew's birthday. Always a fun time right here at Christmas!
 
- lay on the couch and do nothing some nights to watch even MORE Christmas movies with my sweet boy in his cute little Christmas pjs. Nothing better. Maybe that's why the shopping isn't done and the cards not sent. We have watched more Christmas movies this year, I swear. I love that Cade is finally at an age where he gets into them.
 
- read the Christmas story to Cade teaching him once again the real reason for the season. I think he's definitely going to understand things more this year. He already knows about "Baby Jesus" when he sees a manger scene and he asks me almost everyday if it's Jesus' birthday yet.
 
God has been so good to us this year. This Christmas IS going to be different as we've suffered the loss of two loved ones, but we've also had a lot of fun blessings (whether it be awesome memories made on fun family trips, amazing concerts with friends, building a new house, etc...) and I look forward to finishing out 2014 thanking HIM for all of our many blessings.
 
May you all have a very blessed Merry Christmas too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019