new home sweet home: framed

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Well, not 100%...but pretty darn close...

July 10th - began framing, so that meant boards for floors were first. This takes about 2-3 days to finish before walls go up (so I've learned)



July 12th - we left for Fripp for a week, then when we returned home...

TA-DA!!!


A pic of me and Cade "on the front porch" before we left for the beach then the day we came back.
It's amazing how much they got done within 7 days.


July 23rd - ceiling trusses delivered

July 29th - began adding ceiling trusses and framing over the garage

Chad and Cade checking out the new digs.
You can really see it starting to take shape now. VERY exciting!!!


Every time Cade sees a picture of the house or anytime we go by, he gets soooo excited and says "Ooooooh dat's my new house!" This makes me even more overwhelmed with gratitude. Being able to give our child this home, one that's sparkling new, squeaky clean...organized...more room to play...and plenty of space for our family to make memories in... well, it's is a dream come true. An answer to our prayers. Cade is just as thrilled as we are. 

Can't wait to see more framing in the bonus area over the garage and 
more roof progress in the weeks to come. They have to add the dormer windows (it's a Cape Cod cottage style), siding, front porch steps, etc. I'm sure there won't be much to report once they start the "guts" too (plumbing, wiring, hvac, etc...), which will take a while. Maybe by Fall I'll have more updates to share. Woohoo!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You may be building sooner than ya think! Aren't you guys planning to move to Savannah? Umm, let's talk about exciting! Savannah? Amazing. So fun!

      Delete
  2. This all looks so awesome!! I can't wait to see more!! I'm just curious/being nosy, are y'all going to have steps leading up to the front porch or how will that work since it's so up off the ground? LOL! Sorry, I've just never seen that before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm clueless too, I definitely didn't know they added the steps to the front porch last. Why? No clue. There is big pallet of brick just hanging out. I guess they do it last. Crazy...They also have to "back fill" a lot of dirt back around the house to hide the cement blocks. I just say, ok whatever :) haha!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019