playing catch up

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Wow. 
What a weekend!

We had such a great time celebrating five years at Sugar. The customers who came out to shop, support from friends and family, and recognition from the community left me in awe. As if I wasn't already baffled enough that I opened a store during a recession and made it FIVE years! Whew.


To anyone who may be debating taking a leap of faith and following your dreams....do it. As cliche as it sounds now, you really only live once ;) 

There will never be enough words to share my gratitude for my amazing customers. I have met so many new friends through this store and consider it an absolute blessing. The path that it has led me down has been a rollercoaster at times, but an overall unbelievable journey. I look forward to many, many more sweet years ahead and thank the Lord for granting me the opportunity to wake up every morning and love going to work to see smiling faces like these...








A Southern Lady stopped by on Saturday to shop with us. Again, the Lord has put some pretty awesome people in my path. So much fun meeting new friends and appreciate the support! 


So many cute new things arrived at the shop this week. We are working on revamping our website and adding tons of new items!


Even the tiniest Sugar fans came out to celebrate five sweet years!


With Debbie, one of our sweet customers, and my store manager Brittany


Thursday was the first of our three day celebration and that evening we co-sponsored Uptown Greenwood's Life After 5. The band for the evening was Ruby Velle and the Soulphonics. Ruby was so fun to meet and we had a blast styling her for the show. This is what she chose to wear and looked amazing rockin' out on stage! You must check out their page and listen to her. Such talent!


We gave away free t-shirts with every $25+ purchase. I had so much fun designing these this year!
It was pretty darn easy. This sums it up.



More pics with Miss Jamie (A Southern Lady) Follow her on Twitter and Insta at @a_southern_lady


Loved our burlap wreath that my friend and former Sugar employee Jamey Witt made!


and thank you Townsend for making our adorable burlap cupcake door hanger!!


So after THREE chaotic, maniac, super busy days (Praise the Lord! I am sooo not complaining. I am still on cloud nine) I left work just an hour or so early on Saturday so I could come home and get ready for the wedding of a dear childhood friend and another friend who just so happens to be one of Sugar's models right now!

We didn't make it to the ceremony, but the reception was literally right down the road from our house (never happens. We live in the boonies remember? But luckily we do have some pretty awesome farms around us "in the boonies" that provide the most amazing settings. They were married at 7 Oaks Farm)

However, since we knew it would be an outdoor wedding, I thought wedges were a better option than heels. So, at the last minute I had to snag Lilly Pulitzer's Resort Wedge Gold Metallic Glitter and oh my word, I am quite smitten. I may or may not have glitter running through my veins, so these were so me and they really jazzed up Lilly's MarieKate Dress. I've been obsessed with this dress since last Spring and finally snagged it when they brought it back this year in a longer length. (Hellooo, mama's can't show their hineys. Lilly, we thank you.)


Me and my sis-in-law at the reception


On Sunday I. was. exhausted.

To the point I physically felt sick. I got nothing accomplished except spending hours upon hours kissing on these precious sweet cheeks, which is exactly what I felt I needed to do. It had been an insanely long week and since daddy was fishing in a tournament all day Sunday, this mama really enjoyed some QT time with her baby boy.


Even though, may I add, you don't get much rest chasing a wee one who is always (and I mean always) on the move.


"DEEEEESE" is his new word when I pull out the iPhone.

Oops.

I mean, you'd think this child's mama took a lot of pictures with her phone or something? ;)


We had Cade's Spring portraits scheduled with photographer Abby Funderburk Williams in March, but since they got rained out we rescheduled them for this past Sunday. I was totally unprepared but we winged it with his outfit and he did such a great job, I'm anxious to see them!

As for now, more catching up to do! 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on 5 years! Sounds like it was an amazing turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that wreath. Does your friend have an Etsy shop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She doesn't but I told her she should!!! I can give you her contact info :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019