new home sweet home: planning a nursery

Thursday, March 5, 2015

The app on my phone reminded me that I am 22 weeks as of yesterday (yes, sometimes I forget...) and that I had 18 weeks left until a full 40 weeks. That means just 15 weeks until full term (37 weeks) so I began to gather my thoughts about baby boy's nursery now that some of the other rooms in the house are beginning to be unpacked, settled, and decorated.

Thinking that the guest bedroom would just be a playroom for a while, we just put a cheap schoolhouse light from Lowe's in there when building. We knew we would splurge on a new light fixture whenever it became a nursery, we just ummmm didn't think so soon! Our plans are to indeed buy a new light fixture and move this schoolhouse light up to the extra unfinished bedroom upstairs (which has a $10 cheapest light fixture we could buy) so it will be ready to go one day. I really want some sort of statement light fixture, maybe orb-like so it's similar to the one next door in Cade's room.

I've been obsessed with this one from Pottery Barn Kids ever since seeing it in a mock boys' nursery at PB Kids at Southpark Mall back in January. It's very tempting since it's on sale AND I can use Amex points for PB gift cards. 


but I also love this more nautical Rope Orb Pendant from Restoration Hardware (also potential gift card from points. Ching, ching)


You can see it here in a gorgeous, chic nursery. This is what I'm going for. Classic navy and white, with mostly all neutrals. No other splashes of color. Maybe a tad nautical, maybe not. Just clean, classic, and fresh.


Navy and white is just so chic, it can transition nicely from nursery to little boy's room.


We are re-using Cade's white crib and our neutral tan glider. We had a small white changing table (again, love bright white even for boys) but now that we have more room, we decided to sell that one and will purchase the Hemnes Dresser from Ikea to give a ton more storage and use as the changing table. It will work perfect with his modern, straight edge white crib then we can buy him a white bed to match when we convert to a big boy room. Worth the investment knowing he will use for years to come, more so than just the traditional changing table we had.


another fabulous nursery from RH Baby & Child. Swoon.


I do love incorporating burlaps, wood tones, anything neutral with the navy and white.


Chic stripes and monograms anyone? Yep, even for baby boys!


So I broke down and ordered Serena & Lily's Nursery Basic Collection Bumper + Skirt in Navy. Luckily, the bumper was on sale with an extra 25% off this week. It's just classic!



We used Serena & Lily bedding for Cade's nursery and I was pleased with the quality. I've already snagged a chic navy/white trellis print crib sheet from Pottery Barn Outlet (do not see it on their site anymore) and I'll probably pick up this one if it ever goes on sale soon too.

Now to begin cleaning out "the nursery" this weekend because it has become a "catch all" for the past few weeks we've lived here. We've got to organize, move things up to storage, and finish unpacking to make room for well, Charlie's room. Exciting stuff and we are so ready to make more strides towards getting settled! Yes!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the nursery!! I love the Light choices :) Adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh!! It is all going to look so good together!! Cannot wait to see it once it's done!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019