oh how i love beach pics.

Thursday, July 24, 2014


I downloaded 1,004 photos earlier this week JUST from our beach vacation. 1,004 pics within 6 days! Each year, we drag the men and boys down to the beach and attempt family beach pics. Since our friends are usually down there the same week, I've enjoyed taking pics of their sweet fams too. It adds up, but after I read this article this week it really hit me hard as to WHY I enjoy capturing these fun moments so much (especially on vacations when the entire family gets a full week together, the only time of the year that happens!). We will never get this time back and our little ones won't be little for long. It is true that looking at photos of happy memories actually make you feel, well...happier! There are days when I miss my dad so much, I'll pull out photos of fun memories made and a smile will always come across my face. There may be a tear or two as well, but they're usually tears of joy...not sadness. I know that even though I lost my daddy too soon when I was 24 years old, I was still lucky enough to enjoy 24 wonderful years with him here on this Earth. I've got the photos to prove it. The precious memories and photos that captured them are ALL we have. They are priceless treasures. So yes, we will continue to bribe our little ones and husbands for "planned family photos", but what they don't know is that the best ones are the ones I catch when they're picking up seashells, giving each other hugs, laughing at someone's joke, or running through the ocean. The moments of unplanned JOY and sweetness is what life is all about.







The McClain fam. The best we could do this year :)















Now, when can we go back?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019