for the beauty product obsessed

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Confession: I am far too obsessed with beauty products, makeup and hair products.
I know every girl is but when my sister comes to my house to get ready just because I have "twice the makeup, beauty products, and "tools", then you know you might have a problem. 
First step is admitting it. Done.
Pretty sure I get it from my dad because he was obsessed with his hair just like Jessi from Full House. Not even joking. 

So about 6 months ago I jumped on the "Birchbox" bandwagon and have yet to blog about it. 
[they are not paying me to do so either, this is simply my review]

Birchbox is a monthly subscription to "beauty samples/products" personalized for you based on a survey you fill out on their website. It's $10 bucks a month and to me that just meant two less trips to Starbucks. Easy right? I will say I have gotten a lot more with that $10 a month than I do at Starbucks!

For instance, here is this month's Birchbox. 

It comes in the mail like this...


and then open and this was the "Gossip Girl" edition.


take off cover and here's their standard box.


and then open it up to see a card telling you about the products and then here they are...



This month I received Ojon Intense Hair Conditioning Mask, Kiehls Anti Wrinkle cream, a great coral nailpolish, a cute XOXO notecard, and Bvlgari Omnia sample perfume.


My absolute favorite thing from this box is the Bvlgari perfume. Oh my word. I thought I wanted a bottle of Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf but now I may change my mind to this. I've been wearing it for over a week now and absolutely love it. This sample goes a long way too!



I am excited to use the rest of the products soon too. I've found some great products from Birchbox and the best part is you can TRY the sample size and see if you like it before going to buy the full version. Genius! It's like a fun little box full of surprises every month. Again, genius! 

 Also I haven't bought Clinique since high school but I was anxious to try their highly acclaimed "Even Better Skin Tone Corrector" to fix these pesky post-baby dark spots on my cheek due to hormones I suppose. Clinique was having their BonusTime deal online and I also got free shipping. 
Just look at all this!!

I will try and remember to let you know how the Even Better Corrector works. My hopes are high.

Oh and here's two products, out of several,  that I've began using recently because I've received them/tried them from Birchbox. You might want to give them a try!

Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash
Froth. I love that word. Especially when referring to a good face wash. I love a good foam facewash and was using Mary Cohr Foaming Facewash because I felt it was the only one that really removed all the makeup and left your face feeling super clean. Well this little Origins does just the trick as well and what I love most is a little bit (seriously less than dime size) goes a loooooong way. Try it!



Also Emi Jay hair ties. Obsessed. I recently bought the headbands this week too at Blossom and love them! Since my hair has been legit falling out since 3 months post baby, these little guys help not to pull even more out when up in a ponytail (90% of time these days). They are colorful, fun and easy to wear.  Shop online at www.emi-jay.com or local in Greenwood at Blossom Shoes & Such


visit Birchbox website to sign up. I think there is a small wait list but it's going to be worth it, I promise.
Now, off to get my hair did today and ready for Summer. Excited!!

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019