Cade's Nursery

Saturday, February 18, 2012


"Orange is the happiest color" - Frank Sinatra

Photobucket



So the pathetic tissue pom poms over his crib: I really just threw up there to give it "some color" until we get his newborn pictures made and a photo canvas like this from Back40Life from Etsy. Fell in love with it months ago. I've even got this same hat for him to wear. Can not WAIT! So this will actually go over his crib and replace my pitiful little poms.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
In memory of my dad

Photobucket

Photobucket

Really want to do a black/white photo collage above the dresser in white Ikea frames, along with his framed name Auntie Beth made. Again, not everything is 100% finished. So much more I would love to do. Now it's just going to be finding the time.

Photobucket

IMG_0337

Photobucket


UPDATES TO NURSERY SINCE WE'VE HAD CADE:


Photo canvas above crib from his newborn session. Wish I had gotten it even larger!
Will add two more square canvases on side for a collage later.

Cute orange elephant figurine from TJ Maxx


Added the poem/artwork/Cade's footprints we gave Chad for Father's Day


Bookcase from my grandfather's that I painted and added
his monogram




I dreamt of decorating a nursery for years. Month after month while we tried to conceive, I would vision turning our "junk room" into a completely new, perfect nursery. After we re-sheetrocked the walls [we made one big room into two - nursery & guest bedroom/office] and added new carpet, we painted the walls aqua. Again, this was long before I got pregnant but it's just one of my favorite colors and I had in mind "aqua & orange" for a boy nursery or "aqua and pink" for a girl. I could hardly wait and then God answered our prayers.

Now I am by no means anywhere close to being good at "interior design" and decorating but I seriously had so much fun scouring websites and stores finding the most unique, perfect items for our baby boy's room. I also tried to do most on a budget and pretty proud of how frugal we were. We are so pleased at how everything turned out and love the personal touches. Everything from the baskets, artwork, etc... friends have made for him to the shadowbox I made with my baby items and photo in memory of my dad. There's also books that were my late grandfather's, large frame from my late grandmother, booties handmade for Cade by Sadie Ashley, blankets made for him by his great grandma Frieda, Sadie Ashley, and Carol Wilson. Even a "railroad hat" for him that was my dad's when he worked on the railroad. SO many items in this nursery that make it special for our sweet boy and we can't wait for him to enjoy it for years [ok at least the next two years, right? ] to come...

5 comments:

  1. Love the colors! Everything looks just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the orange! Great nursery :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Nursery! I love the colors, and all the details are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning! you did a great job:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the orange and aqua combination. It's very happy.

    I am (belatedly!) stopping by from Kelly's Korner.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019