// five on friday //

Friday, February 23, 2018

// one // 

So this is a random recap of our week, but for starters we tried (well "we" being ME) tried to go low-carb this week. Chad lost a ton of weight about a year or so ago just by cutting carbs and sugar (obvi) and he's constantly trying to get me to cook better / cut pasta / cut bread / aka: I thought my life may end. 

However, it's really not that bad and I definitely am not super strict about it so maybe allowing myself to cheat a bit every now and then has made the week easier. I'm just not the type to stick to a super strict diet anyways. Unfortunately I just love food to much, but these are some of the changes I made/ meals I had this week....

For breakfast I'd have eggs or a protein bar and then lunch I really did stick to salads!!!! This is huge for me. 

// DINNERS //

MONDAY - Publix Chicken Cordon Blue chicken + asparagus

TUESDAY - short ribs meal from Wildtree dinner prep that cooked in the crockpot all day + veggies and was delish, but I did fix a packet of mashed potatoes for the boys and ate some of that with mine. Whoopsie.

WEDNESDAY - I had Wine Down Wednesday and munched on the antipasto platter , but my mom made Ground Beef Lettuce Wraps (real tortilla wraps for the boys) for Chad then I ate some when I got home too!

THURSDAY - baked chicken in the Chipotle Lime Wildtree seasoning (+ a green pepper I cut up) and I just did it on my plate with lettuce, cheese, sour cream and pico de Gallo like a fajita salad I guess. 


// two // 

Speaking of Wine Down Wednesday, yes we do this at Sugar the third Wednesday of every month during the school year just so tired teachers (and mamas...and errrbody) can come out and shop extended hours + sip delicious wine from Flynn's on Maxwell + take advantage of fun promotions! It is always a fun time. Our next one will be March 21st!!!

I always order the medium Antipasto Platter from our local Publix and it's amaze. Definitely feeds a crowd and perfect compliment to all the wine!
I wore our new Set Sail Blouse + AOS White Skinnies + these amazing Sam Edelman shoes I got on sale end of last season

// three // 

Speaking of AMAZING, the new Southern Tide Spring looks SO. GOOD. and I'm obsessed with this flatlay pic we did yesterday. It's the Penelope OTS Top + Avery Short.  Earrings and bangles are Sheila Fajl, also available at Sugar.


// four // 

Ok last Sugar post, but I can't leave this out: we launched a new C O L O R  P O P collection this morning and this "Green With Envy Blouse" for $39.99 may be my fav. Perfect for St. Patty's Day! 



// five // 

We're off to Bryson City, NC for the first time this weekend! If you have any awesome recommendations as to "must do's" or "must eats" , comment below. We needed a fun weekend trip sans the kids (which we haven't done in for-eh-ver.) and as much as I'm having anxiety about leaving my boys, I really am excited for  48 hours of "mommy/daddy time" without having to fix someone apple juice...put in an iPad code....etc....  We're not going to know what to do with ourselves. Seriously



It may be beautiful and 70 here but I think it will be rainy and chilly all weekend in the mountains. We'll be singing in the rain, I suppose. Have a great weekend y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019