hellooo September.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

I can't believe the last time I posted was August 30th and September is almost halfway through. This month came in with a ROAR and of course we are still adjusting to the new routine of Kindergarten + soccer + Fall season in full swing at Sugar. Throw in a trip to Florida, hurricane Irma and a couple sicknesses and you've got one hell of a month so far! Lawdamercy.

It has been non-stop, which I do love being busy but then there comes a point where I just feel completely unorganized, unprepared, and INsane... to be honest. Yesterday I finally said "enough!" and cleaned my car completely out (ok, so minus the very back. let's not go crazy) and the boys even helped me clean/hose down my rubber mats. It's embarrassing what we vaccumed out of the back of my Explorer. There was half of a McDonalds cheeseburger. I'm not going to lie. We put the sparkling clean rubber mats back onto the freshly vacummed car carpet...then they kept it that way for a whopping fourteen hours!!!!!!!!! Charlie decided to fall asleep in the car this morning on the way to Aunt Coco's, dropping the sippy cup which leaked all out onto the clean rubber mat. Soooo.....

I also cleaned out my purse and re-organized it (I was living out of like two or three since my trip...crossbody, big purse, small purse.... ) and just those two simple tasks made aaaall the difference. At least if my life feels like a hot mess, I can start picking up the pieces and physically clcean the hot mess. I'm a firm believer that clearing the clutter clears the mind. Can I get an amen? 

So that was a start. Today we still didn't have a "normal day", as Abbeville County schools were still on a two hour delay from power outages from Irma. Last week the kids were out Monday for Labor Day, then I was in Florida Tuesday & Wednesday.  This week school was out Monday and Tuesday, with a two hour delay today. Enjoyed time with my boys, don't get me wrong, but today I wanted to scream "CAN WE JUST GET BACK TO A NORMAL DAY????". OMGAAAH. Seriously I don't felt like we've had a normal week in ???? Well ???? Really, what IS normal? I don't even know anymore .... bahaha

In all seriousness, I hope next week we have a full week that's back to a somewhat normal routine. While I am usually a super go-with-the-flow / fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants person, this whole mess of new activities, new school, new Fall season, new sicknesses, new adventures ...has definitely made me set myself to a routine and organized schedule. 

Tomorrow I hope to clean my desk area clutter (read: hot mess) and FINALLY somehow get caught up at work. It has been a while and I end up leaving with an absolute headache, never feeling accomplished ... only feeling defeated. The To-Do list needs some checks beside it, folks. Really hoping to get caught up so I can enjoy the weekend. 

Will leave you with a few highlight pics from the month so far and will have a West Palm recap post up soooon. For now, it's off to tend to this sick husband of mine....

on August 31st we had Charlie's Clay Rice Silhouette portrait done to match big brother's
Cade with friends at our alma mater - Dixie High School. Charlie's first football game
loving on a sweet friend's newborn baby at the dove shoot  
my brother in law Mack with niece Macy, who's wearing overalls BOTH my boys wore. Melt my heart
celebrating Heather's 33rd birthday at The Breaker's in West Palm!
West Palm Beach // so glad it was spared a bit by Irma and praying praying praying for all of those affected by this viscous storm. I still can't get over the footage we've seen. Heartbreaking and absolutely devastating. 
Clemson/Auburn game with Bec. We went with our men (Chad's anniversary present from me. Yes, he's a Clemson fan and yes, our house is divided) and it was a fun (yet HOT) day tailgating.
 (Notice how I didn't say "a fun day cheering on those Tigers..." Yeah, no. Not for this chick :)
Hope everyone is having a great week and here's to conquering LOTS of clutter, sicknesses and TO DO LISTS this week. (insert fist pump emoji here). Go get em', ladies!

4 comments:

  1. Where is your blouse from that you wore at tailgate? It is so cute! Also any tailgate outfit inspiration for Carolina games would be a great post!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey it's from my store Sugar and we only have one large left, BUT I'm going to check into getting a restock on Monday :) It was SO comfy and just a great flowy poly that didn't really wrinkle. I loved it. Here's the link and we also have it in red.

      https://scsugar.com/products/janice-blouse-taupe?variant=37727427841

      Will definitely work on a Carolina tailgate outfit post, YESSS!

      Delete
  2. Love your outfits. I was so glad that West Palm Beach was not as bad as they were thinking. All my family lives down there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh goodness, I know!!! what a beautiful place to live. so thankful they were spared. we absolutely love visiting!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019