what a week.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

So I finally feel like posting about this doozy of a weekend and week. Last Thursday morning I was on my way to Greenville to pick up a piece of furniture I purchased for Sugar,  I started experiencing major pain in my lower left back. I thought maybe it was just my father-in-law's truck seats I wasn't use to, but it quickly progressed and became a pain that I had only experienced once before...five years ago...a few months after I had Cade...KIDNEY STONES. 

BUUUUUUUH. (**cue the longest eye roll ever**)

If you have ever had them then you know how excruciating and down right annoying they are. I've had friends say they would rather birth another child and with this go round of stones, I agree. I ended up in the ER that afternoon and after a CT scan they said it was 3mm big and sent me home with mild pain meds and Flomax to help with passing. 

Well, after laying up on a heating pad all weekend and getting SUPER sick that Friday (ohmygah, it. was. awful) I went to the urologist yesterday who sent me for an x-ray that showed it was actually a 6mm size with tiny ones around it and still had a ways to move down. Lovely

So here I am today, still waiting to pass it and while I've went to the store to work some Friday and then yesterday morning...I decided to stay home today but will go back tomorrow. (I also have a hair appt and if you know me, you know I do not miss a hair appt!) I'm just working from home and doing what I can. The pain comes and goes (well it doesn't "go" entirely, it's always there but I should say "it eases up" so I can get up and do things) and I'm literally going crazy not being able to get things done at work, play with the boys as much as I want to, etc... 

Yep, so that's what we've been up to. The boys have been the sweetest nurses, laying in bed with me and watching TV. Charlie even fed me a cookie the other day and took my temperature! haha I've drank so much water I feel as if I'm floating and today I resorted to the "olive oil + lemon juice" mixture trick. Hasn't worked yet so if you have any tips or tricks on passing a stone, lemme know. Please. I beg you. 

Here's a few pics of my father-in-law's sunflower field and precious Charlie last weekend at church! Pray things get back to normal around here...and fast...and for all the friends out there already saying a prayer, thank you and I. love. you. It's crazy how God will show you real quick who's in control and knock my busy self right to the floor. Literally

HE IS IN CONTROL and HE IS GOOD. 

He just reeaaaally coulda made a lot more sunflowers rather than kidney stones. Just saying. :) 




2 comments:

  1. Ah, that's awful! I had a kidney stone a few years ago and ended up in the ER. The pain subsided so I thought I passed it even though I didn't have any evidence. A few months later it reared its ugly head and when I finally passed it, it was huge! Prayers for a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh bless you! They're AWFUL!!! Thank you so much for the prayers xoxo

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019