thanksgiving fun!

Monday, November 30, 2015

How has Thanksgiving already come and gone? It is crazy to think that this time last year we had just told our families about our "surprise blessing" (finding out we were pregnant!) and really none of our friends knew at that point. Now this year I stand here holding this chunky monkey and our lives have just DOUBLED in sweetness. We have SO MUCH to be thankful for this year! I tear up with joy just thinking about how good God has been to us.

The night before Thanksgiving I am always 1. completely wore out from setting up for Black Friday all day 2. always eager to begin eating fried turkey at my in-law's annual TURKEY BASH! It's always a fun time with family and friends. I had to rock out my new Sam Edelman tall fringe boots from Blossom for the occasion. Not going to lie, I had a total Pocahontas/Indian vibe going on. Very fitting. I love them!


Again, this time last year this chick and I had just found out we were expecting and nobody even really knew at the Turkey Bash. Now this year we sat there with our two surprise blesssings, born just a week apart. Crazy how much can change within a year!


We always love seeing cousins who come to visit from Boone!


cousin Abigail looooved holding Charlie. I think he loved it too :)


Sweet little Ella Grice loved the cupcakes!


This isn't all the kids, but just a few. Boys are certainly outnumbering the girls in our crew!
It's crazy!!



Thanksgiving Day we woke up, watched the Macy's parade and then got ready for Thanksgiving lunch at Mimi & Papa's. I sure am thankful for these three right here...my world!!



Cade wanted to be a photographer...not too shabby. Charlie is always following his brother around that's for sure!


and big brother is always such a big help too! 


We ate too much turkey and dressing, then all the cousins played outside on Mimi & Papa's "playground". It was an absolutely gorgeous day!!


After we left Mimi & Papa's, we came home to host my mom, sister, brother in law and my mom's boyfriend Charles. We don't get all fancy for my side of the family, because for one it's just a few of us so so cue the paper plates from WalMart. Yep.


We decided to just eat appetizers and put up our Christmas tree! I loved having help from my mom and sis and Cade brought his cousin Carter home with us so he helped too. They ended up going back to Chad's sister's house to spend the night and Charlie went to stay with Grami since mommy had to get up at 5am for Black Friday + Chad had to work too. Booooo.

Sugar's "PINK FRIDAY" was a huge success and I was BEYOND thankful to get rid of so much inventory. We had just accumulated so much sale stuff and I had it spread out everywhere...my mom's house, our house, old store, new store, omg it was everywhere and HAD to go because I was determined not to junk up our new backroom/office.


We had our shirts made by BeachBallBellies and wore Santa hats too!


A lot of caffeine was consumed since we were open 8am-8pm but I survived!!


Thankful for our sweet customers today and everyday!


and I could not wait to get back home to these sweet cheeks...


The next morning Cade had a huge surprise since our Christmas tree was up. That's right, I caved. "Skip" the Elf came and surprised Cade & Charlie with a welcome breakfast.


Cade had seen his cousin's elf and already knew a little bit about him but this was our first year doing this. We will see how it goes! HA


So that was our weekend and whew, now let the fun Christmas festivities begin. 
I love that the weight of Black Friday is off my shoulders and I can slow down a bit and truly soak in these next few weeks with even more fun family time!

Hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019