:: one month ::

Sunday, August 2, 2015

How do four weeks fly by so fast? 

I mean, I don't get it. The days seem long, but the weeks...and months...and years...fly by. Sigh.

The littlest is officially one month old today, so I thought I'd document what our sweet Charlie has  been up to!


Weight: 9 lb at 2 week appointment, I would guess 10lb+ now definitely
Height: 22 inches
Clothes: 3 Month, some 0-3 Month Size  Diapers: size 1

I swear this is the face he makes 90% of the time. Cade is our little comedian and I have a feeling Charlie is going to be our Mr. Serious. At least his face is proving to be that way, but maybe he is just always wondering what in the heck his crazy brother is doing!


these sweet feet. I could just eat him up!


Big boy has been eating like a champ. 3-4 oz every 3 hours and sometimes he gets cranky even at 2 - 2.5 hours. He basically wants to eat all. the. time. I nursed for a month....aaaaaaand now I'm done. 
I just give huge props to those who do nurse for so long. I seriously thought I would do it for much longer this time (only did a month with Cade too) but 1. I couldn't keep up as piggie pig over here was eating 24/7 it felt like and 2. with the stress that comes with any new baby, owning my own business, and especially juggling a toddler too...I just could not.  I know that to provide the absolute best for my baby, I must be the absolute best version of me and man, I was just struggling big time. So that's that. Even today, we still have breast milk I had saved up that we are mixing in with formula, so I feel like he's at least gotten a great dose for the past four weeks and I'm happy, he's happy, we're all happy here in the McClain casa now (except for the fact that washing 239482 bottles every day sucks)

When you lay him on your chest, he tries to hold his head up every time and look around. He is very strong. His favorites are his giraffe Wubannub paci, Aden & Anais swaddle blankets, Dr. Brown bottles, and sleeping on his side.


He has had a bit of gassy tummy issues that make him fussy sometimes after he eats, but other than that he is seriously THE. BEST. BABY. (trying not to jinx myself by saying that...*knock on wood*) He is just so easy going, loves to lay in his swing and just look around, loves stretching out- laying on his back on the couch and on his changing table, and he really is pretty content and happy. He even loves getting a bath. I swear the only time he cries is when he's hungry or has some gas issues. Cade would just cry, to cry. Que why we thought he had colic!

Now some nights we've had to get up every two hours, but some nights he does amazing. Friday night we fed him around 11:30pm, he slept until 4am, fed him, then he got back up at 7am.
I mean!? Thank goodness, because I am totally addicted/spoiled to getting my sleep and had really forgotten just how sleep deprived you become. 

However, it's all worth it when you get a glimpse of his little smile :)


Can't wait for more smiles and for his little personality to show. 

I love cuddling with him and I feel like I sit and hold him sooo much, but I honestly am having issues with him being the last baby and feeling like I need to soak it ALL in even more.

Every milestone will be "the last "1-month" pic", "the last "first rolling over", etc... so bear with me as these posts may be even sappier than before. We just love our new little man SO much and can't imagine how we ever did life without him. He makes our family complete and as crazy as it can be at times, we are having so much fun as a family of four. Love you Charlie bug!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I could eat him up!! He's precious!! & Go you for BF'ing for a month! I think any amount you can do is great but, if you can't or it's not for you that's ok too! When I finally threw in the towel, just shy of 3 months, I knew I wasn't being the best mom for Jack & sure enough everything got so much better - we were all happy! But goodness He is a little Cade made over!! Makes me want some tiny baby snuggles!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019