:: memorial day ::

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Actually this post should be a recap entitled "Our Memorial Day Weekend". It was fun, yet relaxing. A little productive too. Just what I needed.

View of our front porch/door. Crab Door Hanger from MudPie
My college roomie/ZTA sister/bestie came up from Charleston for a fun Spa Day my other bestie Sweetbef and the gals planned for me. What an absolute treat to be able to go to brunch with some of my Carolina girls (who live everywhere from Charleston to Greenville to Spartanburg), enjoy girl talk and also have some relaxing spa time. Definitely what I needed after being so insanely busy here lately. Would you check out these oh-so-adorable cookies with little man's initials on them? Too cute! We first hit up The Green Room downtown Greenville for brunch and it was delish. They even had the cutest little gift bags for everyone with little "spa essentials". No clue how I got so lucky.


We did a little shopping and then headed over to our spa appointments at Headquarters Spa, just a few blocks from downtown. 



I had a prenatal massage and mini manicure and it. was. fabulous. 
Seriously, I had soooo been looking forward to this and it did not disappoint!
Here's a pic of me and my friend Kelly who's expecting a baby GIRL (a.k.a. Charlie's girlfriend) in August. This was the first "official" meeting of little Hadley & Charlie. Can not wait for both of these sweet babies to get here.



Pic of the whole crew! We've went from "Womens Club" Bachelor Nights to spa days and "bay-bays" in what seems like overnight. Crazy!


Once we got back that evening I did a quick newborn photo session for baby Blain (more on those later) and then we hit up the local Mexican restaurant (another favorite/craving of mine. See? Perfect day) where my three year old proceeded to make his first karaoke debut. Yep. Not even joking.
We. are. in. for. it.

He sang every word of Wagon Wheel, his all time favorite. I nearly peed my pants as he "high fived" the audience once he was done. He is such an entertainer already...

and he's also eating me out of house and home already. The child LOVES some Pringles.


then he thought "Charlie's cookies" were for him. I mean, they do have his monogram too.
Sunday we enjoyed our first pool day of the Summer over at the Isbell's pool and cooked out that night. I have been anxiously awaiting Summer and pool days, my fav. Sure I may have gotten scorched, but we sure had a fun time!


On Memorial Day we honestly were too sunburnt and wore out from Sunday to do anything. It was a little overcast, so we laid around and were lazy then eventually decided to be productive and FINALLY go get Cade's crib and rocker from my mom's. Praise. tha. Lort.

more porch views :)
So after we made our guest, Cameron, "work" by helping us load up baby stuff (bless. poor Cameron), we did grill her steaks for dinner and rented a movie. 

Oh and FYI: if you are prego, just do not watch this.


Holy waterworks. It was great but three piles of tissue later. Geez.

Hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend too and speaking of praising the Lord, the ones I thank the Lord MOST for are the brave men and women who have laid down the ultimate sacrifice for us. Just thinking about it makes me well, yep...reach for another tissue.

Prayers for the many families of the men and women who have served and are currently serving!

1 comment:

  1. I love the crab on your front door! This looks like such a perfect weekend - love all the girlfriend time!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019