Mid-Winter Ball 2015 | A Passage to India

Monday, March 2, 2015

My Instagram profile says "Glitz and glam. Trucks and trains..." and that is so my life. From a weekend at the Bassmaster Classic to a weekend of glam dresses and glitzy jewels at the Mid-Winter Ball. Variety is the spice of life and I. LOVE. having the best of both worlds.

It really was a fun weekend after recovering from an awful sinus infection last week. I always get them when pregnant and it's the worst when you can't really just go to dr. and pop a z-pack. It took forever for it to come and go, but I'm just glad it DID because we had tickets to attend Self Regional Hospital's Mid-Winter Ball. It's basically a fundraiser for the Self Foundation and we love to support our local hospital. It's a good one and no lie, best labor & delivery nurses eh-vah! 

Being the last minute person I am, I took my dress from Voila! (my sister's formal store) on Thursday afternoon to be hemmed...um, yes for Saturday. Luckily, that's all that needed to be done. My sister Courtney picked this dress for me and I was a little hesitant because the material was jersey. Are you kidding me? Clingy, form-fitting jersey on my pregnant bod??? I tried it on though and decided since this was probably going to be my last pregnancy, I would indeed embrace and show off the bump instead of disguise it. After all, this would probably be the ONLY time in my life I'd ever wear a jersey dress because I'd never have a flat enough stomach otherwise. HA!

Chad and I went to Courtney & Mack's to pre-party before the event and got ready there, then it was off to the ball around 7:30. Here's Courtney, her friends Sydney & Anna ( basically like my other little sisters!) and moi' all dolled up in Voila gowns! Don't they look absolutely stunning. That white dress...ohmygah, you should have seen the back.


The pics are out of order, because this was later in the evening when my comedian husband was acting a fool, per the usual. This is the third year we've attended the hospital ball and even though dressing up isn't his thing, he always is a good sport and has a great time!!


Rockin' the bump with fellow shoe store owner, Kimberly, also stunning in an AshleyLauren dress from Voila! (you know how I love me some pink....died for this dress)


Sistas sistas, "back in black"..just as we arrived at the ball...


Lovely ladies all decked out in Voila! 



So awkward posing like this in every pic, but I just needed to show off my best accessory for the evening...this BUMP! Charlie had a great time and loooooooved my plate full of food!


Kimberly and I with Jayn (also in a Voila gown). She is one of our sweetest, loyal Sugar and Blossom customers and we just love her!


The theme for this year was "A Passage to India" and as always the decor was spectacular, the silent auction raised the most money ever, and the food/band was superb. We cut out early this year because I'll be honest...this mama was ready to be back in her pjs, but it was SO fun to get all dolled up and mingle with everyone, even if just for a few hours. Very lucky that my sister owns a formal store and can dress us all so well. She's the BEST! Go see her for all of your formal/bridal needs.

The rest of the weekend we spent resting and working on more unpacking/decorating/etc... just trying to get settled. Then last night Chad cooked his famous shrimp & grits for a few family friends as a thank you for helping us move! We've had sooo much help, like I've mentioned before, even this past weekend with others helping us hang huge pictures on the wall. We are just so grateful for everyone helping us get settled. It's coming along slowly, but surely and more on that next...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019