big boy Cade.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

This kid is such a ham.

pic from the day of his birthday party
I just wanted to document a few of his funny little sayings and milestones lately, because this is such a fun age. I wish I could just bottle up his spunk, personality, all together with those still-baby-like feet and chubby cheeks. He is growing up so fast right before our eyes. 

Oh and he loooooves a selfie ;) 


Terrible THREES

Everyone told me the "terrible twos" were not near as bad as the "terrible threes"! I think I agree. He is much more strong-willed now and has these terrible fits when he's sleepy (aka delirious) where nothing suits him. What's that e-card I've seen? "Hell hath no fury like when a three year old doesn't get to shut the car door"? Something like that. Just the silliest stuff, like "I WANTED TO SHUT THE CAR DOOR" .... "NO BUT I DONT WANT THAT SIPPY CUP" we hear a lot when he's "in those moods". So a few nights ago, I swear he was reaaaaaally ill. Meltdown central.

 The next night, Chad asked him out of the blue "Cade why were you so ill last night?"

 His reply? "Because everything was just GETTING ON MY NERVES!

No idea where he's heard THAT one before.


Oh but how could you be mad when this sweet precious just falls asleep on the couch at 5pm before dinner (some days he naps, some days he doesn't...and some days well he just conks out at 5pm which is not good because he stays up way later then! Yeah, no one follow me for Parenting 101 mmmkay?) 

I mean, I could just eat him up with a spoon. The sweetest.


Smoooooky Stories

One of the funniest things to happen in a while is a few nights ago we were all laying on the couch and Cade has gotten into "telling stories", like bedtime stories "Once upon a time..." etc... He said "Mama, tell me a SMOOOOOOKY story". Ummm spooky, you mean? Ok. So I began to tell some random story about Peter Cottontail in the woods and trust me, it was not spooky at all. I then hear Chad chuckle and say under his breath "Really Sandi?" 

I laughed.

Cade said "No mama, a reaaaaaaal smoooooky story"

Well dang. Alright then!

So I began telling a story my daddy use to tell me (ummm probably when I was older though) about how one night his car broke down in front of this haunted house near our old house, (swear I use to think it was a true story) and oh, I was just getting into the story making it waaaaay "smooky" and all of a sudden my comedic husband exclaims, half jokingly half serious... "Dang Sandi I thought you was just telling him a spooky story, not ruining his LIFE!!!" 

Y'all. I nearly pee'd my pants I was laughing so hard (and you know this prego bladder ain't no joke)

Cade really did sit in silence and I had to apologize for the story maybe being a tad too "smooky". Needless to say, no more spooky stories from this mama. I'm out. *drops the mic*


Bath Time Shenanigans

Cade still loves bath time and loooooves his new bathtub. I posted a pic on Instagram a few nights ago where he lined up "Jake & friends" (Jake & the Neverland Pirates toys) on a bath caddy and it looked like they were either 1. a version of Hangover's wolfpack up on the roof or 2. in a wrestling ring ready to go at it. 

He has the best time playing with his million toys and my secret? I take my laptop into his bathroom and work sometimes while he sits there and plays before I bath him. Swear, it sometimes is the only time he entertains himself, thus letting me get anything done. Whatever works.

Potty Training Adventures

So since I was sick last week and had several days at home, I used it as a time to really get serious about potty training. He had been wearing "big boy underwear" at Grami's house and also his Mimi's so somehow it ended up for 3-4 consecutive days he went without pull ups during the day and only last Monday and Tuesday did he have any accidents. By the end of the week, he was doing perfect! Seriously, I can't believe how easy it was. We really didn't use any sort of method, I just had a talk with him (so did Grami and Mimi) and anytime he needed to use the potty, he would just go (even on the big potty, we didn't even have small one) and I would give him a piece of candy or we promised him a day with no accidents = one prize at Dollar Tree. 

Somehow all of this worked and he seriously has done sooooo well, wears his pulls ups at night just in case for now. Everything was going perfect until this morning he DID still have on his pull ups, in his pjs....sitting on kitchen counter while I got breakfast/morning bags/coffee ready and when I came back in from putting stuff in the car he goes "Mama I had an accident". Yep, pee all over kitchen counter and trickling on floor. OMG. Of all places. So yeah, so much for those dang pull ups anyways.

I was trying to get out the door of course and now cleaning up a mess, maybe he could sense I was frustrated because he said "Mama but accidents happen!" (because we've told him that time and time before) and that's when my heart melted and of course I said "Yes, baby they do and it is ooooh-k". 


We really are proud of him and as of today, it's been a full week and a half of big boy underwear and only those 3 accidents so far. Man, does it feel good not to have to change diapers and remember to take them with me everywhere (hey, at least just for a few more months before we start all over again). Just a little extra pair of those adorable undies....just in case! 

9 comments:

  1. yay cade! good job on using the potty! :) um...the "smooooky" story legit had me LOL'ing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. next time you're here I'll have to tell you the story! Hilarious.

      Delete
  2. So cute!!!! I busted out laughing at what Chad said about your smoooooky story!!! Hilarious!! I remember Erik telling stories when he was about Cade's age - all he'd say was "once upon a time...... there was a little boy named Erik" and then he'd just die laughing!!!

    Can't wait to see how Cade is with Charlie! Little boys are something else for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so stinkin' cute. I can only imagine if Erik were here that he and Cade would be the very best of friends. I am still just in awe of his Jason Aldean concert debut. Warms my heart every time I think of it!!!!

      Delete
  3. He is so handsome!!! And yay on the potty training! I loved his come back that accidents happen, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they just know the perfect little things to say at just the right times :)

      Delete
  4. He is so cute!! Looks like he is so much fun!! The things Kids say :) Happy Wednesday
    Chelsea@thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a mess! I should do more of these posts, he really does have us in stitches 90% of the time. Hilarious.

      Delete
  5. What hair gel are you using on him?! I'm pretty sure that just when I think he can't get anymore cute.... he does!!! The baby ladies better watch out!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019