new home sweet home: last minute details

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Details, details. 

This first one isn't related as a must-have-detail in order to move in, but I did have fun finally playing around with this fun fabric I've had for OVER A YEAR now. I fell in love with it at a local fabric sale, bought all they had then went online to order more. I even chose our dining room paint color for this particular fabric and so of course it matches perfectly. Now to just have it made into fabulous window treatments...and to come up with some explanation to Chad as to why there is PINK in the dining room.

Errrrr, oops.


Shutters are on and being painted black, then once the railing "dries out" more, they will finish painting it. We didn't go with the same exact "x railing" of our plan, because it looked a tad too busy, so we improvised and did this. The great part about building is even at the end, you can change your mind and make up whatever you want. I text a pic to our builder, he said yeah we can make that.
Done.


champagne bronze + navy in the powder room, one of my favorite rooms in the whole house!


Never been so excited about concrete in all my life. But oh dear Lord, our poor yard!


master closet doors were painted SW Porpoise, along with our door coming in from the garage. I wish I had painted even more doors this color (and I probably will eventually) It's a great dark gray, almost black - one shade down from SW's famous Urbane Bronze. I highly recommend.


and some glam lights were added in the master bath too! 
Not sure why everything looks so dark in this picture...here's an older post that has a pic of the light fixtures. I had never even seen them in person when I picked them out but ohhhh yes, right decision.
They're amaze. 


Now to decide on even more last minute (VERY last minute) details such as uhhhh mirrors for this bathroom. I seriously think that is the very last decision to be made.

and I can hear the angel choir singing now, can't you?
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

4 comments:

  1. ummmm love all the new things! can't wait to see it all finished! and i'm very proud that my tiny baby hands made it onto the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019