"hunting widow" weekend

Monday, November 24, 2014

Last Thursday Chad left for Alabama with all the men to go put up deer stands. (Pssssh. Like that's a necessity the weekend before Thanksgiving? They'll go back to hunt after Christmas)  So I was a "hunting widow" this weekend and it meant lots of one-on-one time with my Cade. Usually he sways back and forth between a daddy's boy and a mama's boy, but oh my word Chad was in for a rude awakening when he returned home last night. Cade was excited to see his daddy, but would not leave his mama's side. Mama's BOY!
 
I was excited to get lots of goodies on our front porch Saturday. The best being that box on top. We've used 95% all local businesses for the new house, but there were a few things I still needed (hardware, few more light fixtures, etc...) that I snagged online at amazing prices! 
 
 
The box from Appalachian Evergreens was a gorgeous wreath from Chad's sweet Aunt Sallie who has continued the tradition of sending us all fresh wreaths even since her husband Brian has passed. Her and her girls are so sweet to do that and it has seriously become my favorite gift of the year! Such an awesome surprise to see that white box on our door step. We are waiting to put up our tree, but I couldn't wait to get the wreath on the front door asap! It smells like Christmas already...

 
I had a few photoshoots lined up this past weekend, but not much else, so our mornings consisted of lots of Mickey Mouse chocolate chip pancakes.
 
 
and plenty of snuggle time with this preciousness.

 
He finished his bath last night and didn't even want his daddy to put pjs on him. Nope, just climbed up on the couch with me with his diaper on and conked out at 8pm! I guess rainy days really do make everyone sleepy. (or it could have been all the wild play time with Sweetbef that wore him out! Thank you for his surprises. He had so much fun!)
 
I relish in these moments because it's not like I rock him anymore, or rarely does he even sit still for more than two minutes in my lap unless we're reading a book. Soaking in every minute...

 
After all, tomorrow he may be back to being a daddy's boy ;)

2 comments:

  1. So glad I found you - another Carolina girl!
    What a precious son you have!

    Come visit - lifeinthelowcountrysc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019