very superstitious.

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Sorry for the not-so-uplifting-post lately but this blog is to document the good and the not so good...and well, such is life. 

It's quite comical actually. 

You see, about two weeks ago when Chad and I were cleaning out "the barn", we broke a mirror. I say "we" because I handed it to him wrong and it slipped bc he didn't "catch" it right, so we broke it. Now I'm not a super superstitious person, so when he got all huffy and puffy I said "Oh hush! Whatever, it's not that bad"

Well, maybe I do need to be a tad bit superstitious. 

Last Wednesday, as you know Chad's uncle passed away from cancer which was unfortunately inevitable, yes, so it's really totally unrelated to this post. However, what it did produce was an immensely sad week for everyone and we were left heartbroken. Again. Clearly it's never a good week...a good month...a good year...some, never a good lifetime...when you lose a loved one. None of these little scenarios I'm about to share even come close to the pain my mother-in-law and everyone has felt this past week. So let me just preface with that and thank you all for the prayers thus far. 

On to the "lighter" stories of The McClains. Last Thursday, on the way home while driving the ol Expedition (which I never do) so I could haul some things from Sugar for yard sale, the darn thing just conked out on me while going up a huge hill a few minutes from our house. Seriously the speedometer just crept on down, car came to stop, steering went stiff. It was all I could do to get that big thing somewhat on the side of the road. At the top of a hill. Crap. (and yes I had about 1/4 tank of gas so I did not run out of gas. Well, not technically)

I was not as much worried about something being wrong with the car as I was about a huge 18-wheeler coming up that hill and plowing into the back of me. Of course my mind races with worst case scenario. The older you get, the more you tend to do that ya know. (Oh wait, or is it just me?) 

So what do I do first? Uh DUH! Grab ALL of my important things (aka: not the yard sale stuff, heck no it stayed in there) and pranced across the street in my high heel booties with all my junk just waiting on Chad to come get me. Luckily he had just got off work around 4pm and I was off early / running late per the usual on way to take photos of some sweet friend's kiddos. No major trucks came by and my Superman husband managed to push it over in the grass some more  by himself after many failed attempts to get it started. "What did you do?" He asked. This is the face I gave him...



I called the tow truck (since was a family friend) and it was fixed the next day so that was that. Well, a pretty penny later of course. Fuel pump. Imagine that. So I really didn't run out of gas like Chad predicted. You know, I'm that person who plays that game every week called "Let's see how long the Low Fuel light can stay on before I give in and get gas". I mean, living on the edge people. One week at a time. Drives Chad up the freakin wall.

So the weekend continued, Dollywood/the mountains was a great getaway minus a little rain and all but then this week (long story short) our water just randomly went out Tuesday and we were without water for about 48 hours until our well was fixed last night (Yes, we showered at my moms in case you're wondering) Then this morning Chad goes out to his Jeep to get to work, won't start...pulls my car around to jump it off and the Jeep battery blows. freakin. UP. Am I the only person that didn't even know this could happen??? 

The acid went everywhere, but luckily not on my man's face so he got cleaned up and had to call in someone to cover for him. Thank gosh he has a sub now or I don't know what he would have done. Another blessing. Oh and I didn't even know any of this had happened until way later today when I realized I couldn't get ahold of him. You know I'm dead asleep when he leaves for work and being the kind husband he is (or just fearful for his life bc of the not-so-morning-person monster -I-am), he didn't even wake me up to tell me a battery blew up in his face. Bless. I'm like Chad you could have woke me up. Seriously.

Anyhoo, a little bad luck lately, that's all. Sometimes when it rains, it does pour, but ya gotta just look on the bright side (and slight nervous breakdowns at work in front of your sister and venting to your best friend may help too) because things could always be worse. I mean, let's not even get me started on the Ebola outbreak. Prayers for those families too. I worry, worry, then worry some more these days... but at the end of the day we thank God for our blessings we DO have, stop focusing on anything we DON'T have, put it all in HIS hands, and well, use a little laughter to keep us sane.

Sidenote: Yes, I'm rambling but God also works in mysterious ways. What I had shrugged off as an unusual "bad week" was completely turned around when a friend shared their recent, horrific struggles and told me what a blessing that song was I shared on FB (and on last blog post) and how much they needed to hear it. I had tears streaming down my face as the dude drove up to fix the well. I'm sure he thought I was a basket-case. But seriously? I rarely ever post anything like that but I knew God was telling me to post for a reason, I just didn't know why at the exact moment I posted. That's how He works. So, if I could somehow, unknowingly, bring even the tee-tiniest bit of encouragement to someone during what is clearly much worse of a week than the one I'm having, that is what it's all about. See how He keeps me completely grounded? Every. single. time.

So that's our week/week and a half in a nutshell. I'm off my soapbox(es) now. Done. Fun house updates, an overload of Cade pics, and "Cade-isms" coming up next week. Promise.

Oh and just because I don't want to post yet another no-pic post, here's a few Sugar pretties for your weekend. I'm off to drive to Atlanta tomorrow to market with me madre to order even more pretties for you guys, but just in case...(I mean, not that I'm superstitious or anything ;)... tiny prayers are welcomed. 

and don't bring any mirrors my way. 

Thank you.






shop the looks at www.scsugar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019