paint on the walls!

Monday, October 20, 2014

So I'm past due for a house update. I knew there wouldn't really be anything exciting to report when the insulation, wiring, hvac, etc...was going in, but wow has it come along fast. Next thing we know we're finalizing paint colors and BOOM! Walked in tonight thinking we may see a coat of primer (only because my bff text me yesterday saying "Umm, there's a big van at your new house..." on a Sunday) She lives nearby so she keeps me updated. We're only 20 minutes away, but with our busy schedules and hectic weeks we've had lately we feel so out of the loop. We do good to get over there once a week. Not because our builder keeps us out of the loop or anything either, we could ask, but it's his job just to keep things moving and I guess bother us as least as possible so it's been pretty easy. The paint was a nice surprise because even as confident as I felt, you always hold your breath until you see it on the walls.

First, let's go back to the sheetrock that was installed what? about two weeks ago now? It was just completely finished last week though. This is a view of the front door/foyer with dining room to the right. There will be columns defining the space but it's all open to living room. 11 ft ceilings in dining, 12ft in foyer, 13 in living so the ceiling heights all together seemed kinda crazy to me but it turned out looking great. It's really not even that big of a space all together, again not much bigger than we live in now, but the high ceilings make it feel sooo much more open!

Yes that's an air return in the foyer. Only so many open places they could be apparently. Cue the perfect foyer table to disguise! Yes please.
and here is our main living area/foyer/kitchen/laundry room/Cade's bathroom/master closet/garage color. Whew, yeah I kinda loved it. It's Sherwin Williams Worldly Gray.
 (looks a little darker in this picture than in person. Definitely a perfect "greige")


I tried to stay on that same paint card throughout a lot of the house, after being inspired by Emily Clark's home (see photo below. That's her foyer in SW Worldly Gray as well) She is one of my favorite designer's and her home is gorg. I can only wish and dream mine comes remotely close. I need to get her down here, since she's just in Charlotte (again, I wish).



Now as for the master bedroom/bathroom, I recently blogged about my love for SW Filmy Green and SW Contented. I do LOVE the light green. No, seriously. Like I said, we have had a similar color in our master bedroom/bath now and haven't tired of it yet. However, we've had some changes to the master bathroom and once we decided on the shower tile, floor tile, and then changed the vanity color...it made more sense to use Benjamin Moore's Gray Cashmere. I kept putting it together with SW Filmy Green and Contented, but my gut said I'd be happier with the lighter BM Gray Cashmere. Not really a gray, not really a green, not really a blue. Just a great mesh of all. Always go with your gut, but in this pic I don't know why the tones look more brown?? Camera phones.
Master Bathroom Wall Color: BM Gray Cashmere, Master Bathroom Vanity Color: SW Amazing Gray.
Master Closet Doors: will still be SW Porpoise. Master Closet (just off bathroom): SW Worldly Gray
More tile deets later (bc honestly I can't even remember right now)
This is how it turned out in real life. Again, iPhone pic isn't 100% accurate representation (is any pic ever?), but I do love how it turned out.


This is the paint swatch you get online. See, all three (paint card, actual color on wall, online swatch) are all different! Might I add I never got a sample and tested first. Nope, just bit my lip and prayed it would turn out just as I planned. I wasn't that super decisive, I certainly went back and forth...but I love making a decision and just being DONE. Check.


One more sneak peek... I went with my gut again and went dark (see my inspiration here)  in one room. Success. It is now the paint color I'm probably most excited about!

Benjamin Moore In the Midnight Hour


Any guesses as to which room we used this in? 
...yes, I'm going to keep you in suspense.

In other somewhat-house-related news, I went to Target this afternoon since I was in Anderson finalizing cabinet paint colors for the. last. time. Again, done. I am such a sucker for the Threshold line, especially when two of the items were on clearance. Lots of blues popping up in our new house, for sure, as we love the coastal vibe and you all know "aqua blue" and all things aqua/teal/turquoise has always been my fav. You just go with what you love.


Next up with the house, finish paint and start on trim. Then interior doors. Then floors, etc... Our hardwood is pre-finished/wide plank/handscraped so that's why paint is already up. Very excited about our cabinets too!

Will post about our fun, spontaneous mountain trip soon too. So much to catch up on!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. no *I'M* the jealous one that you get to wake up in Savannah every day ;) are ya kidding me? I told you we are majorly-coastal-inspired. We love the low country, Chad's favorite thing is shrimping in Beaufort so I have GOT to get with you about a marsh painting soon. I have the perfect spot for it and would love to surprise him. (even though it's probably more of a gift for ME haha) Gotta have!

      Delete
  2. Ahh!! It looks amazing!! I loooove all the open windows & doors!!! It is all going to look so amazing!! Also, sometimes 2 spaces can be the same "size" but laid out completely different & can make the spaces seem smaller or bigger - I love that about design!! Congrats to y'all!! I can't wait to see more progress!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so right! Amazing the difference ceiling heights can make. Hope you are feeling well mama. You look amazing!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019